Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2 Down 1 To Go

That's right! Two holidays have sped past in their holiday splendor. Halloween was a hoot. Thanksgiving was a dieter's nightmare--or dream come true depending on his/her outlook on life. Our little family--I guess it's not "little" anymore. Technically we're larger than the average American family. But I digress. . . *clears throat*

Our slightly-larger-than-average family was able to give thanks and gratitude with both sides of the family. Two Thanksgiving dinners in two days not only stretches the stomach, but is a reminder to me of how grateful I am to be a part of two great families.

Now that I have finished the formalities of given due respect to Thanksgiving, lets move on to the biggest and better (imo) of the holiday trifecta: The Birthday of our Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ. Lets stop and think about that. We are celebrating The Birthday. The gifts the Jesus wants are not the iphones, ipods, Rockband Revolutions, but the gifts of love, of charity, of hope, of forgiveness. As we give gifts to those we love, let us remember to also give gifts that go beyond the material and temporary. Again I digress. . .

I love everything about Christmas. I love the songs. I love the family get-togethers. I love the smells. I love the cold--brrrrr! I love the decorations. I love the lights! I love the food! I love even the shopping.

This is our first Christmas with a big Christmas tree. I'm so excited. Tom was kind enough to let me decorate before the 1st of December. I'm not a holiday decorator, but Christmas is (and should be) the one exception. Our living room is very festive.




*sigh* This is such a wonderful time of year!

1 comment:

Jess Berg said...

This is my favorite time of year too! Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!!