Monday, October 22, 2007

Grape Juice Season

I apologize for the lack of updates. Our family was hit with the flu among other things. So time was scarce for me. But don't fear, I am back. :) The October General Conference, a world wide conference held by our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is a marker for many things.
Let me list them one by one:
  1. It WAS a marker for the Day-Light Savings change, but don't get me started on that
  2. It marks the change in season--drives through the canyon are beautiful at this time of year due to the changing colors of trees
  3. A temperature drop, usually.
  4. Beginning of the Holiday Trifecta.
  5. And most importantly, for Tom, grape juice season.
We'd like to thank our backyard neighbors for cultivating such fine concord grapes. And yes, I'm as surprised as you are, we can make grape juice. With lots of guidance from Tom's mom, we were able to can 18-20 quarts of homegrown yumminess.



Tada!!! See us in our Grape Filled Splendor!

The only fear I have is that they aren't sealed properly. I only heard 1 pop out of the 4 jars there. But when testing, they seemed to be sealed.

The boys helped with the harvesting of the grapes. Benjamin and Isaac are great helpers!



No comments: