On the 29th of April, we welcomed into this world a beautiful baby girl:
LEAH KAY BROWN
7 lbs 13 oz
18.5 in
The boys are ecstatic about their baby sister.
Daddy is surviving.
I'm sorry about the woefully lack of posts. I'll do better promise. But you're not here to read about my lame apologies. You want to read about Leah. . . okay you asked for it. :P
It was a fairly easy delivery thanks to Mr. Epidural. The doctor wanted to induce me Monday due to my elevated blood pressure and protein in my urine. I had two doses of Prostin the night before. It really didn't do anything. Doc said I was suppose to be in hard labor after the second dosage. Yeah, right. I woke up rested and feeling great. I thought to myself, "So if this is what hard labor feels like, then the delivery will be a walk in the park" :P We arrived at the hospital around eight in the morning. They started me on Pitocin around 8:45. Mr. Epidural and I became great friends around 10:30. (After going through induced labor for 7 hours with Benjamin, I vowed never to go through that kind of pain again. If I was in natural labor, I probably wouldn't use the epidural.) At 11:30, I was at 5 cm. 5-8 minutes later, I was at full dilation ready to push. After 4-or-so pushes, Leah came into this world.
Besides being a bit jaundiced, Leah is doing great. She sleeps well. Eats well. Poops well. Cries very well. Benjamin and Isaac are adjusting well. . . as well. Benjamin loves giving her kisses and calling her "so cthute". Isaac is obsessed with her feet and hands. Any chance he gets, he takes off her socks to play with her feet.
I thought adding another addition to our little family would be a piece of cake. I was so WRONG! It was so much easier having Isaac (family wise) than it is with Leah. Keeping 4 busy hands away from her at times requires 6 hands on my part. :P I'm sure I'll get over this learning curve. It's well worth the work and effort. I'm very grateful to be a mom and be able to stay at home with the kids. Not many families have that luxury.
How blessed we are.

5 comments:
Oh she's so cute!!!! Congratulations! I love the name! Good luck! You'll do great as a mom with 6 hands!!! (:
Wow! Three kids... You have a beautiful family. I'm living in Carmel Valley, now. I drive through Milpitas every time I go north. Where are you guys now? I'm so glad to be able to be in touch with you again!
Congratulations!!!
<3 Brett and Lauren
Congrats Tom and Aimee. I'm glad it all went well.
Congratulations! Leah is BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment