A couple of weeks ago we asked Benjamin what we should name the baby. His reply, "Spider PIG!" Where he got that, whether it was off a commercial or he overheard Tom singing the song, we don't know. But since then, he is always commenting on how his baby sister should be named "Spiderpig". Tom insists that we should nickname her that regardless of what we pick. My reply, "No!" *rolls eyes*
When Jim was about Benjamin's age, he insisted that his new cousin should be named "basketball". I'm sure Sean is grateful that his parents didn't use Jim's suggestion. 4-year olds have such a rich imagination.
Back to names. I find that boy names are so much easier to pick than girl names. A boy can pull off any name. A girl isn't as lucky. For instance, if someone said "Bertha" or "Gertrude", what's the first thing that comes to you mind? The first thing/image that comes to my mind is an elderly lady swaying back in forth knitting in a rocking chair--You COULD argue that my baby girl will eventually be that lady in the rocking chair. If I said, "Paris" or "Lindsay", what's your first mental picture? . . . I find it strange that we associate character flaws with names.
Anyhow. . . Here's a short list of possible names:
Esther
Lucy
Chloe
Evelyn
Charlotte
Ruth
Sadie
Elizabeth
Lucy
Chloe
Evelyn
Charlotte
Ruth
Sadie
Elizabeth
I'm sure by the time she comes, we'll have a name picked out for her. I just hope she likes it.

4 comments:
My top on your list is Sadie...I think it's cute, and not everyone has that name...my bottom choice was Lucy...not because of the name, but because of memories of Charlie Brown and Lucy...hmmm...but I think you've got a great list overall! Good luck! We're still looking for names too...I'm leaning toward Kyle or Daniel...David likes Cade and Tyson...we'll see what we end up calling him! (:
Oh i think those are all great names. I would have to say if it helps any my favorite out of those are Sadie, Chloe and Elizabeth. Elizabeth Brown - thats sounds really cute- I even think its really cute with the brother's names. Benjamin, Isaac and Elizabeth. Well they are all good names and good luck. We can't wait to hear the final name and finally get to meet her when she comes.
I agree, girl names are so much harder to come up with. Personally, I like Charlotte.
Post a Comment