Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Easter: I'm late I know.

Being the forgetful person I am at the moment. . .

My pregnancy brain is really bad this time. I'll call a person up, knowing their name before I make the call, as soon as they answer "BAM!" they no longer have a name. I'm left holding the bag, feeling stupid while my brain mocks my sudden lapse in anything intellectual or pertinent to that call. It doesn't help that I call Benjamin & Isaac, Isaac & Benjamin or Aaron or Jim or even what's your name. Perhaps it's not the hormones, perhaps it's just because I'm getting older. I no longer have that edge. *shrug*

. . .I forgot to tell everyone about the wonderful Easter we had. It was wonderful. The Easter Bunny made a visit to our home. Ben & Ike woke up to eggs and candy. I think I'll write the Easter Bunny and tell him to hold back on the candy and load up on non-sugary treats. We ask Ben if the Easter Bunny came down the chimney like Santa. He laughed at us, "Silly Mama & Daddy, the Easter Bunny comes through the door. *a short pause* Does the Easter Bunny have hands?" Isaac enjoyed putting the eggs in his basket and then dumping them out to put them in again. Ben was very surprised to find out the Easter Bunny came to Grammy's home as well. The Easter Bunny even rang the door bell!




Despite the candy, treats, eggs, & mini-gifts, I think Benjamin--hopefully Isaac as well--learned that Easter is a time when we celebrate and most importantly remember the greatest gift that was given to us: Jesus suffered, died, and arose to life to fulfill the Plan which our Heavenly Father laid out long before the earth was made. How wonderful the Atonement is! The tender mercies of our God, the immense love He has for each one of his children are among countless other things that make me very thankful for what I know and the blessings that are given to myself, my family, and others. Happy Belated Easter everyone!

No comments: