My birthday was last week. I thought I'd say something about it cause I guess it's a big thing. I'm twenty-six, people: 2 6. Looking back over the past 26 years, I wondered where the time went. I remember some parts of living in Colorado and Oregon. I remember my teen years in California. Unfortunately, I don't remember much of those years. My memories get fewer and fewer as I progress steadily to thirty. I'm sure it won't get any better when I surpass thirty. :D I do remember at about age 6 spending time before bed remembering past events knowing I'd forget them if I didn't keep them fresh in my mind. I should have kept that up. :P
I remember. . .
Throwing up red Kool-Aide in the den on the white carpet. I learned that day that vomit belonged in the toilet not on the floor. :P
Calling for my parents one night, because Anna was screaming in her crib. Their response, "Just ignore her." I tried comforting Anna that night, because I really wanted to sleep, but to no avail. She was just as stubborn then as she is now. :P
Getting my pink bicycle. Learning how to ride it in the church parking lot. I vividly remember the dumpster hurtling towards me (how rude is that?!?). I jumped off the bike--the action 'brake' wasn't an action in my mind at that moment--and hurting myself on the bar.
Skinning my knee real bad when I fell off my bicycle. I didn't cry because big girls don't cry.
Playing with Joe and his sister Jess. Well, we didn't really play with Jess, we ran from her. We were mean. Sorry Jess. :)
Finding out how much I loved to read. I'd stay up 'late' to read. Indian in the Cupboard and Boxcar Children introduced me to this wonderful world.
Sweeping up the cul-de-sac in Oregon. Don't ask.
Playing roller hockey in front of the house with friends. I remember I accidentally slap-shot the puck into Michael's groin. It was funny, but I still feel bad about that to this day.
Rollerblading all over Milpitas.
Sitting around the dinner table or in a room, laughing uproariously with my family.
The list can go on and on. I've talked with some people who said their childhood was lacking in one way or another. I'm very proud to say that my childhood was filled with happiness and love. Nothing was lacking.
. . . . .But where was I?
Ah yes, the BIG 26. I know some of you will read this and roll your eyes at me: "Pshaw! 26 is young!" I can't round down anymore. Hehe, is that a silly reason or what?! Middle-age is approaching fast. Live life to the fullest everyone! There's no turning back. :P
As for my birthday day celebrations, it was very pleasant and nice. Francoise came by and took the boys for the afternoon. (Side note: She is one remarkable woman. If only I can be as energetic & organized as she is.) Tom took me to Happy Sumo for lunch. Yummy! Delicious! Spectacular! That evening, Tom and I went with the Sabin's & Jimdy to the Novell Company Party, courtesy of the Sabin's. Collective Soul performed. It was very enjoyable. Overall, it was a great birthday.
The only bad thing about birthdays is they're reminders that you are another year older and not necessarily wiser. But then again, being a year older could be good thing. :)
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed the concert! We're glad you were able to come with us!
Happy Birthday!!! (I agree about Francoise...she's amazing!--and so are you!!)
Thanks for coming to the concert!!! It ruled!!!
Happy (late) birthday Aimee! Good times man, it really is fun to reminisce about all the memories. And I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to my senior discount!
Post a Comment