So the nesting bug has finally reared its horrible, yet wonderful, fangs and bit--bit HARD! There comes a point in every pregnancy where the mother gets 'bit' by the bug and needs to prepare the nest for the long awaited infant. And so here I am cleaning, organizing, and trying to DI stuff. I don't understand the chemical/hormonal changes that occur when the "Nesting Bug" attacks, but I am quite grateful for it. When would I find the motivation to do all things that 'need' to be done? The answer to that question is: Hardly ever. :) But with the bug, there is motivation and the need.
My kitchen is in fairly good order. I can see my counter top! I have fresh flowers on my table WITH a table cloth. Yup, a table cloth! My bathrooms are bleachy clean. My desk is no longer a mess, but an organized clutter of papers and whatnot's. My laundry room/mud room no longer resembles a storage unit. The beds are made daily. The summer clothes are out; while the winter clothes are put away in labeled bins. My living room is no longer a toy room. I must confess there are toys out and about in that room, but they're no longer the main attraction. The boys' room is clean and tidy. You can see the floor in my room. :P Vacuuming has become part of my weekly vocab. The clothes get folded within 3 days instead of 7 days. (I have to laugh at myself. Laundry is one of those things you can't avoid or put off. Yet I try.) The storage room shelves are organized and neat.
Ok ok. . . so you're probably saying to yourself: These are chores she should be doing all the time regardless of her hormonal motivation. Well, I shamefully admit that I don't do these chores all the time. :( It's something that I'm working on. :) Organization has never been my forte.
I still have a huge list of things to get done before the baby comes. I'm sure I'll tackle them within the next few days/weeks.
Can you believe I'm about 32 weeks along???!!!! This pregnancy has gone by faster than The Flash himself. I'm a bit scared. A girl is sooooo. . . how do you say. . . DIFFERENT than a boy.
Let the count down begin!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment