Thursday, April 3, 2008

I hate to say this. . .

we are now a . . . *choke*. . . a . . . *sigh*. . . a minivan family. . . DUM DUM DUM!


How did this happen?!? Why did we let ourselves get sucked into the minivan vortex of no return?!? Who brainwashed us?!? Such a tragedy, you say!?!

I don't know why it happened, but it did. Tom really likes it. I enjoy it. I have to add that the sliding doors are very nice. I don't have to worry about dinging other vehicles when trying to install the soon-to-be 3 kids. Ben and Ike can get in and out easily. We get decent gas mileage. It's a 2005 Toyota Sienna LE. We got it for a decent deal--as decent as you can get when going to a car dealership. I'm not a huge fan of the color, but one can't be picky when buying used. :) Overall, I'm happy with it. There's tons of trunk space. It's an 8 seater. We're quite thrilled with that. Honestly, I can't find much fault in it other than the color is sooo common and it's a minivan. (That isn't our minivan to the right. It's just one that looks just like it.)

We've been thinking about getting another vehicle. We tried fitting all 3 car seats in the Trail Blazer. It fits, but would be a huge pain carting 3 kids around in it. I guess that was our main motivation.

So that's that. We are now more than ready for the baby. We won't have to worry about curious fingers poking eyeballs while driving. That's another plus (add it to the list!). We can carpool now. Heck, we can even drive a basketball team around.

2 comments:

J D C and N said...

It's only a matter of time before we cave in...

Speaking of Sienna's- do you remember when the Rogers got one back in the day? I remember it came with a CD player and I thought that was the coolest thing! Man, we are getting old! haha

Jenna said...

We bought our used toyota Sienna (2004) a couple of years ago...I must say...it's been an awesome car--even though it is a minivan...and yes, three kids fit quite well...though I am a bit envious of the 8 seater part...ours is only 7...I'll admit...I occasionally find myself walking to the drivers door and catch myself realizing that yes, I am a mom...