Leah is crawling!!! That's right. She is crawling.
Don't believe me?
Told you so. :P
Don't believe me?
Told you so. :P
Crawling is one of those milestones that parents look forward to, but don't want it to come at the same time. As a parent, I'm happy that she's learned this new freedom of movement. BUT on the other hand it means "CONSTANT DILIGENCE!" and re-baby-proofing the lower third of my home. I have to worry about outlets, tiny legos, stray coinage left by the boys, cords, stairs, and a 1979 banister.
"What do you mean "1979 banister"??!!" you ask. Homes now-a-days are built (if you have stairs) with balusters that are 3 inches apart. In my home, the balusters are 5 inches apart. What does that mean? Leah or any child who's head circumference is smaller than 5 inches might take a tumble between the banisters and down the stairs. Fun stuff.
Overall, I am ecstatic that my baby girl reached this wonderful-yet-tainted milestone.
Did I mention she likes to play on my iPhone? Yes, you read that right, ON. Watch and be amazed or be appalled by the 'indoctrination'. :P
Cute ain't she?

5 comments:
That sucks about the banister. I bet that can get scary. Leah is so big now! Super cute with tons of hair... Lol. Jadon likes to play on my iPod Touch too. He actually can unlock it and likes to move the icons around.
We have the same "banister" problem at our house! They sell baby-proofing at Baby's R Us to cover between the slats...but we "home-made" ours out of gardening wire (like chicken wire, but soft and flexible) and twisty-ties. It's been up for several years, and we've never had a problem (even when kids push on it!). We do have to reapply twisty ties now and then--but that's only because the older ones tend to get a little too curious... (:
Thanks for the great fix, Jenna! I needed a good idea.
Oh my goodness she is so adorabe she looks just like her Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is such a cutie!!
Post a Comment