Many thoughts speed through my mind as I contemplate this: Where did the time go? My baby is no longer a baby. I'm craving something smothered in chocolate. Isaac's growing in both body and intellect. Life keeps moving forward. Etcetera.
Isaac is bright, cute, energetic, huggable, sly, a great salesman, and still innocent--well not as innocent as he was a year ago, but still quite so. *sigh* My baby. . . *sniff* Enough of this sentimental stuff, I know you're dying for the cute stories. Here are two cute-worthy stories:
Leah is interacting more and more with her brothers each day. What does this mean? More and more of their Lego towers, brick bridges, and forts get touched, knocked down, and/or demolished. Isaac has learned quickly to use his body to shield whatever project he is working on when Leah is near. However, this physical barrier is not always enough to hold back the tide of Leah. When the tide comes in you hear this phrase shouted by Ike, "NO! NO! Leah-Leah!" I love how he says her name twice. It's soooo cute!
and the piece de resistance. . .
Over the past 2 months, Benjamin has been drilling into Isaac's mind that we were going to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday. Every single day Ben would tell Ike, "We're going to Chuck E. Cheese for your birthday." And every day Ike would in turn ask me, "When are we going to ChuckieCheeses for my birfday?" Two whole months of being indoctrinated by his brother. Two whole months of me saying, "We'll see if we'll go to Chuckie Cheeses. Your dad and I need to discuss this." The night before his birthday, Tom asked Isaac, "Do you know what day it is tomorrow?" Ike looked over his shoulder, gave Tom a mischievous smile, and whispered, "ChuckiesCheeses." There we have it.
However, we did not go to Chuck E. Cheese because we did not want to set the precedent of birthday party==Chuck E. Cheese. Ike was only somewhat disappointed. He was more excited for his Birthday candle and present.
Happy Birthday Isaac.
Warning: I apologize about my singing. It's quite bad, especially at the end.
Warning: I apologize about my singing. It's quite bad, especially at the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment