Saturday, September 8, 2007

Trip to Kaysville


I had to post this! We were on our way to Don and Lhyn's home to help lay sod yesterday. We hit normal Friday traffic. So instead of taking about an hour to get to their home, it took us almost 2 hours. Side note: During gridlock in Utah is when I wish we have more than 1 interstate.


Benjamin fell asleep 5 minutes into the ride, and Isaac stayed awake the whole time. It should have been the opposite!

Towards the end our trip Ike started getting bored and began poking Benjamin with the light saber. It was hilarious. This video doesn't do the hilarity justice, but it gives you an idea of what happened for about 5 minutes of the car ride.




The younger one teasing the older one. You don't see that very often!


I also want to add that on Tuesday evening we had this huge, I mean HUGE, thunderstorm! It came from the west and rolled in over the Wasatch Front. Reports from Tooele, Lehi, Salt Lake City, Davis County reported huge trees blown uprooted by over 60mph winds, trampolines ending up in the next door neighbors' back yards, etc... We even had a severe weather warning! That should tell you how cool (and I guess bad) the storm was.
Jim said:
He felt he was on a boat during a storm. (He was in his home in Lehi.) Sheets of water poured from the sky. He thought buckets of water were being thrown at their house.

This picture doesn't capture the looming majesty of the storm, but here it is rolling into our part of Orem. We didn't get much wind, but we did get some loud thundering and rain!





No comments: