Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thoughts and Such. . .

I'm back! :P

After a 2 month hiatus from the world of blogging, I think I'm ready to come back and entertain the masses. *huge grin* Well not entertain per se, but more to give my friends and family yet another blog to peruse.

While unloading the dishwasher--which by the way is one of those things that has no end, like laundry. No matter how many times you put away the dishes, wash & fold clothes, clean up the toy room, or mow the lawn; the dirty dishes to continue to pile up, clothes continue to be worn, toys are toys thus they're played with and strewn across the floors, and grass just keeps growing. . . *sigh* I digress--I thought about what to write/post on the blog. Do I:

  • Catch everyone up on all the activities, fun stories, and progress made over the summer?
  • Pretend the last two months didn't exist and start on what is happening now?
  • Write about random things like politics, adolescent hormones, and the annoying next door neighbor tree that won't keep its branches to itself?
Then the thought occurred to me, it doesn't matter what I write about as long as I write something. What a relief that was.

So here it is, I'm writing about something. No one told me how mentally and emotionally draining it is to have 3 cute children running around the house--well technically the 3rd can't run yet, but you get the picture. It so much harder than having only 2 children running around. To have to care for 5--that's right! FIVE-- separate, sentient minds, each with their own physical and emotional needs is very draining mentally. Perhaps that's why I avoided blogging. I just didn't have enough mental strength to write out those few sentences needed to post. I didn't even read blogs! Can you believe that?! I love reading about how your day went or what you did the week before. And yet, I stayed away from the blog world completely because I didn't want to feel guilty about not updating my own blog. Silly me! :P *rolls eyes* I've missed so much. Anyways, on to the next subject! :)

I feel very bad that the TV is my number 1 babysitter, but somethings just can't be helped at the moment. I am in awe and most importantly give props to those moms--Francoise, Karen, Diane, Stephanie just to name a few--who seem to have an endless supply of energy to take their kids to fun exciting places and have time and patience to make dinner afterwards. Tell me the secret please! :P Oh, to have that strength! I am happy perhaps a bit proud to say that my house isn't as chaotic or messy as I envisioned it 3 months ago. It's actually quite clean.

Leah has grown in leaps and bounds. Isaac is leaving the world of toddlers and entering the little boy phase of his life. And Benjamin is constantly surprising Tom and I by the things that come out of his mouth. The way he can put 2 and 2 together or even 567 & 32 together is amazing.

Life continues regardless of the new and exciting. It continues when the sad or the bad happen. It allows us to heal, grow, learn, and watch. What a wonderful gift our Father in Heaven gave us! I know He knows what I'm capable of and pushes me to work harder and strive to the better person I can and should be.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

So glad to have you back!

You deserve a break for as long as you want! (I have to say that, because I would miss out on my own excuse for T.V. babysitters right now if I didn't!) You sound like you're doing very well as a mom of three!