Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Okay, Last Post of the Day. . .

I know you've been bombarded with news and tidbits of our lives today. I've only been feeling better now (2 weeks after the end of the holiday Trifecta) to be able to post the wonderful things I've posted. Okay, they MAY not be wonderful, but they ARE interesting none-the-less.

Right before we left for the playhouse (this is on New Year's Eve), Benjamin comes running up the stairs in the garage and tells Isaac (quite forcefully) that Ike shouldn't come into the garage because there was a scary bird with sharp claws and beak that bites. (whew! longest sentence ever--in this blog.) Tom and I exchanged that parental "yeah right" or "What a wonderful imagination our son has" look.


But lo and behold, Benjamin was telling the truth. There was pigeon who decided to spend the night in our garage. At first Tom and I were baffled. How in the world did a pigeon get into our garage?? AND how long has it been staying here?? We were fearful it had a broken wing. Fearful in the fact that we had no idea what to do in that case. Luckily, the wing wasn't broken. Unluckily--for the bird--he/she/it had what looked like a broken leg. She/he/it/whatever was fortunately able to fly away. So here are a few theories on how that bird ended up with the broken leg and thus decided to take refuge in our garage:
  1. A cat. Yes a cat. There are many outdoor cats in our neighborhood. Everyone here seems to LOVE cats. We think maybe a cat may have pounced on our poor bird, but was unable to finish the job.
  2. Mean teenage boys. Why do we say that? After some sleuthing, Tom found an air-soft pellet casing next to some (well a lot) of blood near our garage. You put two and two together.
  3. It's part of the Pigeon Gang of Provo, and some bad stuff was going to go down the night before. It needed an alibi. So it broke it's leg and randomly flew into an open garage that was closing for the night.
  4. There was no pigeon at all. Just a trick of the light.
Regardless of what happened, we now have a pooped stained corner in our garage.

Okay, I'm am done for the day. It's already 2008, and I'm already behind. :)

Happy New Years everyone!


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Too bad for the bird! I guess he'll know not to come around again...

I had forgotten that Benjamin was so close to Matthew's age...Matthew turned 4 last May...fun, fun...