We cabin-nobbed with the Hughes, Jorgensen's, and Jobes. It snowed early that day, and we had a huge snowstorm the weekend before. Lots of snow === lots of fun. It was a lot of fun.
To get to the cabin, you needed 4-wheel drive or chains. Thankfully we have our Trailblazer and not our tiny Corolla. Everyone was able to drive up to the cabin except for the Jorgies. It took the men about 20 minutes to decide which vehicle and who were going to go down and get the Jorgies (who were waiting in the lower parking lot). In the end, all 3 men--Tom, Cam, & John--decided to go. John was going to take their ford (front wheel drive with front chains) which had enough room to shuttle the Jorgies up, and Cam & Tom were going to follow in Cam's Truck "Optimus".
They left excited about their mini-adventure. I looked out the window about 10 minutes after they 'left' and saw Optimus still in the driveway. I thought nothing of it. I thought they were only a tiny bit stuck. Another 10 minutes went by and there was Optimus in the same place with Tom running to
wards the cabin to get a shovel. Someone was definitely stuck. Turns out, John was unable to make a turn and got stuck in a snow drift of some sort.
Optimus couldn't get out cause John's car was blocking part of the driveway. After 30 minutes of digging, packing snow, and sly maneuvering the manly men were able to get the car out of the hole and somewhat out of the driveway. You're probably thinking "YAY!!! The car is unstuck!" Unfortunately, it was even more stuck.
However, it was enough out of the way for Optimus to exit the driveway and get the Jorgies. On Saturday, the men were able to get the Jobes' car completely unstuck.
The kids had fun playing with each other despite tears and misunderstandings. They enjoyed playing in the snow.They left excited about their mini-adventure. I looked out the window about 10 minutes after they 'left' and saw Optimus still in the driveway. I thought nothing of it. I thought they were only a tiny bit stuck. Another 10 minutes went by and there was Optimus in the same place with Tom running to
However, it was enough out of the way for Optimus to exit the driveway and get the Jorgies. On Saturday, the men were able to get the Jobes' car completely unstuck.
The best parts of the trip were when the kids were in bed. :P
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching Benjamin and Isaac play with the other kids, but it was nice to just hangout with our friends without having to worry about ending the night short because the babysitter needed to get to bed. I enjoyed talking/catching up with the girls.
Tom had a lot of fun snowmobiling with the hubbies. There were no major injuries on the snowmobiles (thank goodness). From their report, the boys didn't get into as many 'stuck' situations like they did last year. However there was that ravine and Cameron meeting each other unexpectedly. :P
Unfortunately, I had my bouts of headaches, nausea, and just plain pregnancy annoyances. It didn't make the trip any less fun, but I'm sure next year it will be even more fun. I'm more than grateful to the girls. They let me to take a nap while keeping an eye on my boys. Thank you, girls!!!!
I can't wait till next year.
Oooooh!!!!! On our way through Heber on Center Street, we saw the coolest (figuratively & literally) tree in someone's front yard. Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:
Dude Aimee- that sounds like the funnest trip ever (minus the pregnancy woes)!!! So fun! I wish we could see the snow this year...maybe next year. And that picture of the tree really is cool. And I'm glad you enjoyed the pics I found. I've been getting into a nostalgic kick lately and have enjoyed looking at old photos. I'm sure I'll be putting more up soon. :)
Post a Comment