Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

I hope everyone had a pleasant and yummy Thanksgiving.

I'm glad to report we had a pleasant and yummy Thanksgiving as well.

We enjoyed the day with the Merritts (Aunt Naomi, Uncle Gary, Jane, & Ian), Lora Beth, Anna, and her friend Justin. We had a yummy spread of comfort Thanksgiving dishes: turkey, ham, yummy mash potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts (great with soy sauce and a tad of vinegar!), corn, hot rolls, salad, stuffing, and the MOST important dish to any Thanksgiving dinner--the gravy! The meal was so delicious. I wish I would've eaten more than I did. Just remembering the meal makes me want to go back in time and eat it again. Oh! I can't forget dessert: Pumpkin pie, chocolate swirl cheese cake, an "interesting" apple pie (made by yours truly), and pumpkin cheese cake.

Thanksgiving together as a family.
I am grateful to have such a wonderful family extended and immediate.

Isaac enjoyed his Thanksgiving! His tummy was bulging when he was finally done.

Eat up Benjamin!
I am very grateful for two wonderful boys who remind me each day how very blessed I am.


Justin brought his Wii and Guitar Hero 3 over. Everyone had fun taking turns pretending to be famous guitar artists.

Go Tom! Strum that guitar!
How thankful I am for Tom and his love of music and most importantly for the immense love he has for his family.

Isaac even took a turn 'playing' the game.
Mmmmm... mash potatoes and gravy sounds good right now.

Uncle Gary and Aunt Naomi were kind enough to watch Benjamin and Isaac while Tom, Anna, Justin, Jane, Ian, Lora Beth, and I went to catch a Thanksgiving flick. We wanted to see Enchanted, but of course it was sold out. So instead we saw Bee Movie. It was cute and funny most of the time. Nothing much to say about that movie. :)

Here are some more pictures that made the day even more enjoyable.

Benjamin had fun playing with his aunties Anna and Jane.
He also had a blast playing with Ian.

Row Row Row your boat gently down the stream!
What long legs you have Benjamin!

Here's Anna turning an one eyebrow man into a two eyebrow man!
(Sorry Ian, I had to put this in.)

Even though there are no pictures of the older generation for their proof of enjoying the holiday, I am sure they had as much fun as we had.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm so glad to find your blog again! Sounds like you guys are doing well! I'd love to send you the passwords for my blog (I can't remember if I already gave it to you?)...if you're interested, you can email me at Jenna524@adelphia.net and I'll send them to you! HOpe to hear from you! Jenna Steed

J D C and N said...

I was going to comment on all your posts but since you got a little blog happy- you only get one comment! haha I love your piano. It is beautiful! And I love the car story, poor little Ben. All you really can do is laugh when stuff like that happens. And dang- I can't believe how grown up Alyssa is! Both of you are so very pretty. :) Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, reading your post is making me hungry all over again!