For FHE a few weeks ago, we decided to go feed the ducks at the BYU botany pond and look at the fish in the mini aquariums on campus. You'd think the ducks would have flown south by now, but to my surprise the ducks and geese were still there being all nice and fat. Benjamin and Isaac had a fun time throwing chunks of bread. These birdies were very aggressive. If I didn't toss the bread fast enough, some would snap at my shoes. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing my sandals. (Side Note: I LOVE my sandals. I look forward to the snow, but am disappointed I only have a few more weeks--if that--to enjoy my comfy, soft as butter sandals.)
After we finished tossing the stale--not quite moldy, but close--bread to the ungrateful fowl, we went to the basement of the Widtsoe Building. Ben loved the fish. There wasn't anything exotic. They mainly had species found locally here in the Utah (ie carp, trout). There were some lobster and snails and a few sea anemones. It was a definite pleasure to see the smiles on Ben's and Ike's faces.

No comments:
Post a Comment