Thursday, November 8, 2007

Twilight Series

Okay, I know I'm four years too late, but here I go anyways. I cannot get enough of the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. The books are one of a kind. Seriously. The series is geared toward young adults, but frankly, I feel anyone any age would enjoy the books. Her writing is refreshing, simple, yet very intense and descriptive. The intrigue is drawing and persuasive, the action scenes are intense, and well Edward is well Edward. *sigh*


Don't laugh, but it reminded me how I felt while dating Tom. I'm hoping while I'm writing this that I'll get over this silly obsession and move on to another book. It's been about 3 weeks since I've bought the series at Costco, and I still can't put it down. :( Help me. When first told about Twilight in the summer, I thought to myself: "Why would I want to read about vegetarian vampires?? It's certainly not my kind of book." As I realized that more and more of my friends read it AND enjoyed it, I finally gave in. I needed something to distract me from my nausea anyways. A good book sounded like the right remedy. It did it's job, and now look where I am.

Here I am, posting a blog about a trilogy--no, soon to be quadropology (is that even a word???)--that really shouldn't have this affect on me. After all, it is about vampires. So if you haven't read them--what till you have the time to start, cause you won't be able to put them down--and go read them! After your done, check out her website: www.stepheniemeyer.com. She has more yummy tidbits on the characters. It gives you a deeper understanding of the interactions of each character.

There. . . my rant is done. Perhaps I can find the strength to go read Les Mis or some Anne of Green Gables. Did I tell you I'm thinking about naming our next son Edward. :)

1 comment:

J D C and N said...

You are too much Aimee! But I have to admit I've read the first two. And as far as reminding of you of dating Tom...was it because he reminded you of a vampire?? hehe just kidding How do you like the third one?